SFRE Management and Board
Jim Prouty, CEO and Board Member, SFRE
- Mr. James (Jim) L Prouty has over 35 years of international business experience. A native of New York, Mr. Prouty started his career in banking with JP Morgan Chase moving later to Bank of America where he worked in New York, Mexico City, Los Angeles, London, Brussels, Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Paris in positions of increasing responsibility until he was appointed Senior Vice President for Continental Europe.
- During his time in London, he was also Head of the Bank’s EMEA Financial Institutions Group. He also served for 5 years as an Executive Vice President and then President of the Heller International Group, one of the world’s largest SME lenders, operating in 22 countries in Asia, Latin America and Europe. More recently Mr. Prouty has been engaged in the Microfinance sector. He is currently Chairman of Bhartiya Samruddhi Finance Limited (BSFL) in India and is a Director of the Holding Company, BASICS Limited. He has been President of the US Chamber of Commerce in Brussels, President of the American Council of European Chambers of Commerce and President of the United States Trade and Investment Center.
- Mr. Prouty has always been active in community affairs serving among many others, The United Way, Boy Scouts of America and The Duke of Edinburgh Award. Mr. Prouty has an MBA in Finance from Columbia University Graduate School of Business.
Vincent Siciliano, Director.
- Vincent Siciliano, Director. Vincent Siciliano is the President and CEO of New Resource Bank which he leads in serving values-driven companies and organisations working to achieve wellbeing for our community and the planet. Mr. Siciliano currently serves on the advisory boards of the American Sustainable Business Council based in Washington D.C. and the Ken Blanchard Center for Faith Walk Leadership. He began his banking career in Bank of America’s International Division and has previously served as president or CEO to a number of San Diego financial institutions. Mr. Siciliano is a graduate of Stanford University and earned a master’s degree in environmental planning from the University of California at Berkeley.
Arnold Ekpe, Chair, Board
- With well over 30 years of experience in the banking industry, Arnold Ekpe has a wealth of knowledge and experience drawn from work in Africa and beyond. Arnold has been Chief Executive Officer of the Ecobank Group since 2005 though he previously held the same position from 1996 to 2001. In the 1990’s he was Vice President and Head of sub-Saharan Africa Structured Trade and Corporate Finance at Citibank. He is a former CEO of UBA (2002 to 2004) and has also been a partner in one of the leading private equity firms in Nigeria. He holds degrees in Mechanical Engineering (1st class honours) and Business Administration from Manchester University and Manchester Business School, respectively. Arnold’s abiding passion is said to be in promoting pan-African private-sector initiatives, particularly in the financial services sector, and he has certainly been successful in that area.
Angelica Ortiz-de Haas, Board Member
- Angelica Ortiz de Haas, Director. Ms. Ortiz de Haas has 22 years of experience in the financial sector. She is Manager Financial Institutions for Europe and Central Asia at FMO, the Dutch development bank, where, together with her team, her responsibility is to originate new business and manage the existing portfolio in the region. Focus of the business lies in (M)SME, green and inclusive transactions. In addition, she heads the green line efforts within the Financial Institutions department at FMO. Ms. Ortiz de Haas started her career in 1994 in Latin America in the banking and stock brokerage business, out of which 5 years with BBVA. In 2002, she joined FMO where she worked on project and structured finance transactions in Asia for several years. Thereafter, she joined the FMO management team to set up FMO’s back and mid-office on the road to obtaining FMO’s banking license. Angelica received her MBA at Erasmus University from the Rotterdam School of Management in The Netherlands. Angelica lives with her husband Mihut and their two sons in the Hague region.
Garry Pieters, Board Member
- Mr. Garry Pieters has over 25 years of experience in the field of finance and asset management. He is an Associate at MDO-The Directors’ Office where he has several mandates as an independent director and/or conducting officer for a number of Luxembourg funds and management companies. Prior to this he spent 22 years with ING where from mid 2006 he was responsible for business development of ING’s Fiduciary Pension Services. In 2002 he became the Executive Vice President at an ING asset management joint-venture in South Korea. Late in 1999 he set up an asset management joint-venture for ING in Singapore at which he was Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer. In 1996 he became the general manager of ING Investment Luxembourg. Garry began his career (1982) in foreign exchange, commodities and money-markets trading after which he became a portfolio manager of fixed income and money market funds at (what is now) ING. He graduated from IVA-Driebergen.