SFRE seeks to deploy its capital to banking institutions that:
- Are in good standing with local governmental regulators
- Take deposits, make loans and provide cash payment services
- Have strong operational performance but need capital to expand growth
- Adhere to the Principles of Sustainable Banking as assessed by a Scorecard
- Focus on the real economy and meeting human needs of economic resiliency, environmental regeneration and social empowerment (a triple bottom line of Prosperity, Planet and People).
SFRE will deploy this capital through
- Equity and Subordinated Debt instruments that qualify as long-term Tier 1 and Tier 2 capital under local banking regulations
- Investments representing minority stakes up to 20% of total capital
See our investments here.